Thursday, May 28, 2009

Interead Cool-er: so close yet so far away | ZDNet Education

ZDNet Education - May 28, 2009

Interead Cool-er: so close yet so far away
A cheaper competitor to Kindle? No wireless plans to subsidize with high prices? Easy syncing with PCs and Macs? Is Interead's Cool-er finally an appealing choice for mass deployments of e-readers in schools? Most reviews seem to be focusing on the ways in which this isn't as good as the Kindle.
In fairness to Moblin
I've been enthusiastically toting around my little Classmate, happily telling anyone who will listen how enamored I am of both the device and Ubuntu's Netbook Remix (NBR) that I have running on it.
Day 1 without my Mac
I spent the day in training, learning about standards-based instruction, assessments, and all sorts of educational goodness. It sounds torturous for most IT folks, but in fact I managed to get quite a bit out of it.

Get Latest Headlines in RSS

NEW TECHNOLOGIES


Sign up for more free newsletters from ZDNet

The e-mail address for your subscription is techmails79758@gmail.com

Unsubscribe |  Manage My Subscriptions | FAQ |  Advertise

Copyright 2009 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. ZDNet, ZDNet.com and the ZDNet logo are registered trademarks of CBS Interactive Inc. Used by permission.
CBS Interactive Inc.
235 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment